How to install AwesomeWM on xubuntu
Installation guide for AwesomeWM on xubuntu.
Using the bundled software which comes with xubuntu and then replacing the WM with awesome_wm is very powerful. It allows you to forget about the configuration and installation of apps you are not interested in and focus on the task of getting a working environment.
- Install AwesomeWM
sudo apt-get install awesome -y
- Set window-manager to awesome
xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/Failsafe/Client0_Command -t string -s "awesome" -a
- In xubuntu navigate to Session and Startup
- Navigate to the Session tab in this window
- Change Restart Style of
- Navigate to Application Autostart tab
- Click Add and add awesome (awesome as name and command)
- Navigate to Session tab and kill
xfdesktopand click Save Session
Optional but recommended
sudo apt-get remove xfce4-panel